1. what is something that people assume about you? is it true?
Hmm... I think people sometimes assume that I've got it all together. That I know what I'm doing. The truth is I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants most days, and I end many of them wishing for a do-over. I struggle with indecisiveness and anxiety about everything from Halloween costumes to finances to having a second child. It usually isn't reflected on the outside IRL, but it is there for sure.
2. if happiness were the national currency, which kind of work would make you rich?
I have always wanted to be a preschool or kindergarten teacher. I would also love to somehow write for a living.
3. do you remember that time last year when you were really, really upset? does it matter now?
Yes. And yes, it does. Maybe not as much as it did at the time, but it's something that has helped me learn to stick to my convictions and trust my instincts.
4. if you could offer a newborn child one piece of advice, what would it be?
Sleep!!! But get all the snuggles in you can. Adulthood doesn't come with enough hugs.
5. what is something interesting that you know now that you didn't when you were 16? 21?
OH, the things I didn't know then! I'm not sure I even know where to begin. Here are a couple of things I would like my former self to know.
At 16 - All of that high school stuff doesn't matter. The friends, the enemies, the boys - all that matters in the end is you, because you're stuck with yourself for the rest of your life. So make the most of that time!
At 21 - Your fate isn't sealed the moment you get your college diploma. Live life and experience it. There's no rush for the next stage(s) of your life to begin.
6. were your parents right?
Yup. Pretty much! Though I never really argued with them too much.