Happy third birthday, sweet pea! You just keep growing and growing, smarter and more fun and more beautiful with each day and month. There's a quote I've been seeing that sums up your personality pretty well: "And though she be but little, she is fierce." You are so sweet and loving - you happily give "BIG hugs" and kisses, but you are stubborn and know what you want, when you want it, little girl! I hope you'll continue to channel that passion and drive into your life in positive ways as you get older. Despite all of that, you are still pretty well-mannered and happy. Sleep is still an issue for us but we're working on that, right? We tried moving you to a big girl bed by taking the front off your crib, but you cried and begged us to put it back on after two days, so back it went. We're happy to let you stay little as long as we can!
You still love reading books, playing dress up and pretend (you love princesses, Frozen, and using your toy stethoscope as a lasso when you're a cowgirl). Gymnastics is still going well, even though it's hard for you to wait your turn sometimes. We've finally gotten the hang of potty training (I know you'll be thrilled to read this later in life). You've moved up to the 3-year-old Honeybee room at school and I know I'm biased but you are so darn smart - sometimes too smart for your own good! You speak so clearly and carry on conversations, but you also love to be silly and love to be tickled. You're great at coloring inside the lines already (I think you got that artistic talent from Daddy) and you love to sing. I feel like you surprise me with a new song every day.
At your three year check up yesterday you were 34 lbs (75th percentile) and 37.5 inches tall (50th percentile). A reflection of your love of eating! You aren't too picky - you'll eat chicken, pork ("fork" as you say), salmon, broccoli, and green beans, but your favorite is still macaroni and cheese.
We had your Teddy Bear Picnic party which actually happened on your birthday this year, and you had a lot of fun with our friends and family. We are so proud of you, baby. You are such a joy, and while you're shy and hesitant around new people, once you warm up to them they can't help but love you! And your daddy and I love you so much.
20 Questions with Amelia, Age 3
1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? Books
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apples
4. What is your favorite TV show? Doc McStuffins
5. What is your favorite outfit? Watermelon dress
6. What is your favorite game? Phones (playing games on Mommy's phone)
7. What is your favorite animal? Koala
8. What is your favorite song? ABCs
9. What is your favorite book? Llama Llama
10. Who is your best friend? Zoey
11. If you had $100 what would you buy? Milk
12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play ball
13. What is your favorite drink? Water
14. Where is your favorite place to go? The store
15. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Elephant
16. What is your favorite snack? Bunny Grahams
17. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? A cereal bar
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni and cheese
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Cupcakes and cake
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? BIG!