Things I have learned in the past week or so:
- I miss sleeping in a bed, laying down. Four hours of sleep sitting up on the couch with a baby on my chest is the new "sleeping in."
- Having a newborn is harder than I ever imagined. I am genuinely second guessing having another child even though I've always wanted more than one.
- Receiving blankets will catch on fire if microwaved for too long. (I guess that's why the nurses suggested putting them in the dryer to try to calm her tummy...)
- Showers are a glorious commodity.
- Just when I think we've got it figured out - nope. Nice try.
- When you're looking for something to watch other than infomercials at 4am, there are only a handful of channels to choose from (including Food Network, ESPN, and Fox in case you're curious).
- My mom is awesome. I wouldn't have survived this long without her help.
- I liken breastfeeding to The Da Vinci Code - seriously, why is it so hard to figure out? I doubt cave people had La Leche League to help them.
- Apparently I will miss these sleepless days and nights when they are gone, according to every mom out there.