Monday, April 18, 2011

Nursery Sneak Peek

While we still have a lot of work to do on the room that will be our nursery, I thought I'd give a sneak peak at the pieces and parts that will go into it. I don't have one of those fancy inspiration boards that all the cool kids have, so you're just going to have to make do with what you see here.

The room is definitely "cozy," with barely even a real closet. (Pics of that later.) Here is the room before we moved in - it is currently filled with all the baby stuff I'm accumulating as well as the overflow of my clothes...


We will be ditching the window a/c and baseboard heat once we have our furnace replaced (thankfully my husband works for his uncle's HVAC company). The plan is to paint the walls a pale green, and maybe do something to accent the little "nook" on the right which is where I plan to put the crib (see below - we got the Graco Charleston 4-in-1, which my parents so kindly bought for us).

We already have the changing table that matches the crib (scored for half off at Target!) and a bookshelf that we bought last fall at a flea market that is being painted white.

The bedding is Bananafish Bohemian Chic, which has already arrived. I liked it because it was a little girly but still a little more contemporary than some of the really "babyish" designs.

I also picked up a set of two embroidered pieces at a local antique store that I just couldn't resist. They have bright colors that will match perfectly and lots of little details that I can see our little one staring at and discovering (little bunnies, snails, butterflies, etc.) I figured they were a nice unique touch that didn't come from a retail chain - plus they're already framed and I got both of them for only $27! Here's one of them - they actually make a continuous scene when you put them side by side. Sorry for the quality of the pic, it was with my phone.
So lots to do yet, but I thought I'd share since you're probably all getting sick of my boring routine baby updates!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE that antique embroidery (and everything else too), but I'm such a sucker for antique things mixed in with modern pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of it! I just love white cribs and nursery furniture! I think I'm going that route regardless of boy or girl!

    Looking forward to seeing the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dana! LOVE that you're mixing in the antiques! We spent part of the weekend looking for an antique dresser and small antique rocking horse for Baby 'Houla's room. I LOVE mixing up fun pieces with the usual "new" stuff! Can't wait to see your nursery, it's going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love it all! What a fabulous find those embroidery pieces are! Baby girl will love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the bedding and nursery stuff!! I can't wait to see final pictures! You look too cute in your TTGP grad post!

    ReplyDelete