Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy November!

Seriously? November already? How did that happen?!?

I am such a bad blogger these days. The fact is that I feel there isn't anything terribly fascinating going on in my life and I feel like I may bore you all with updates about my darling baby. I mean, I find her amazing and cute, but maybe you will get sick of looking at pictures of her. No? Ok.

Well then here you go.

At her two-month check up, Amelia weighed 11 lbs even (50th percentile) and 23 inches (70th percentile). Here she is on her two month "birthday". (Coincidentally also my sister's 25th birthday.)


And here she is as a banana for Halloween (my niece was a monkey). Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

So what's new with us? I am back at work (did I already tell you that? I have no idea.) I am working four ten-hour days in an attempt to save on gas/babysitting expenses and in order to spend a day with my munchkin on Fridays. Most days I do ok, but by the time I get home there is little time to do anything but eat, get her bag ready for the next day, feed her a bottle and get us both to bed. It gets a little exhausting. And by "a little exhausting" I mean I actually fell asleep at my desk yesterday. Whoops.

There are days I miss her terribly and feel like I am missing out on her life, knowing she is now spending more time with the babysitter than she is with us. That's a hard pill to swallow. Yesterday she brought home "crafts" - a plastic bag ghost that she "helped" make by crumpling newspaper, and a little pumpkin frame magnet with her picture in it (ok, one more gratuitous baby pic - this is what she had on for Halloween)


But I digress. I was talking about missing out on special things with her. I feel like I should be the one to do her first craft with her. I am her mom after all. I just have to keep telling myself that if I didn't work, we wouldn't have a nice house for her to grow up in. Or food. Food is important. (Though we haven't been to the grocery in a few weeks so...there's not a lot going on in our fridge and cupboards these days.) So every night I try to cuddle up with her as much as possible, even if she is having no part of it.

She actually slept all night for three nights (yay!) but then we regressed into getting up at 3am to eat (boo!). C helps now by alternating nights with me but I still hear them get up so it's not like I get extra sleep.

Hmm...what else...I don't know. Everyone else's blogs are always full of fun giveaways and quirky themes and challenges, and I'm sorry to say all you've got is me and my poor exhausted mommy brain! Maybe someday I will get creative again!


3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back around the blog world! Was wondering how you and the little lady were doing! She's awfully cute!

    I am so not looking forward to going back to work either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fabulous blog ideas in the car. I need a feature on my phone where I can talk into it, it will record and voila! blog post written and automatically posted.. ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, how could anybody get tired of cute baby pictures? I mean, really. You could do a picture only post and I would view with pleasure!

    Second, do not second-guess your choices or make yourself (or let anybody else make you) feel guilty about working. You are doing what you need to do for yourself and your family. I can promise you that you are in no way the type of working parent whose child will grow up feeling neglected. You love her, you make the time you spend with her count and those are the things that matter.

    ReplyDelete