Thursday, February 10, 2011

Introducing Baby MT!

Today was my NT scan - I'd debated whether to get it done but ultimately decided I just wanted to make sure everything was ok in there. Unfortunately my hubby wasn't able to make it because of work but my mom came along. It was pretty amazing to see that even though the baby's only itty bitty right now, it clearly has recognizable parts!

The doctor's office thought I should be at 11w1d based on LMP, but based on Fertility Friend's estimations I was going with 11w5d. Baby proved us all wrong and measured at 12w exactly, moving my due date up to August 25. The u/s tech had a hard time getting the baby to move around, proving to me that s/he is my child because I love to nap! She actually said, "This is one of the laziest babies I've ever seen!" (Which of course caused a brief freakout where I asked, "Is it ok that it's not moving?!?" and she assured me it was fine.) We also got to hear the heartbeat, which was 170.

So here is our little bean - two feet visible at the bottom (one leg tucked underneath), a little hand in the middle, and what the u/s tech called a "very cute nose":

I think I'm in love!

We'll get the scan results at our next appointment, which is March 1. She said the neck measurements looked good, so hopefully everything will be just fine. Right now I'm just relieved to see our little baby is looking picture perfect.

(Ok, decided to add one more pic! Hand up by his/her mouth.)

12 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! After seeing my ultrasound at 8w3d this week, I am amazed at how much they change in just 4 weeks! So precious!

    Congrats on more good news! Yay Miller Lite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miller, I'm SO happy you finally got to see Miller Lite! What a beautiful baby! Congratulations, I'm so glad little ML is safe and happy in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Miller Lite is looking good and hey, a little nap never hurt anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how wonderful! your baby is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby Miller is precious! Congratulations on a great NT scan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miller Lite!! I think you're a boy. And I looove this!! So happy for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww:) So cute! Can't wait to get mine!! And yay for adding a couple days to babys growth:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS! All ready so, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at how perfect Miller Lite is! I'm so happy you finally got to see him/her...you had to wait so long! I hope you're able to have some peace of mind knowing the heartbeat is so strong and the baby is growing right on track!

    Congrats Miller!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww! I am so happy everything is going well for you and Millerlite! I can't wait to start seeing bump pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect looking little bean! I love sono. pics. I'll be thinking good thoughts for the results of the scan, but I just know all it well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so exciting. I'm happy to hear that everything is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete