Monday, January 17, 2011

Babies galore

I've shared pictures of my niece several times, but I have also mentioned that I have another one on the way. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are expecting their little girl on Feb. 21. I hosted a baby shower this past Sunday at my house and think it turned out pretty well! It was so nice to have a family gathering at our house - that's why we bought it! We invited about 40 people and about 20 ended up showing up (what is it with people not knowing what "RSVP" means these days?!).

Everyone who knows I am pregnant kept saying "You'd better have a girl!" because she got SO many clothes (which honestly I think is a little silly because she will never wear them all, and who knows what size she'll be at what point). Her aunt and grandma got her a tote with 64 outfits in it!

It was very surreal to think that this is all going to be happening to me a few months down the road, leading me to realize once again that being pregnant actually leads to a baby that comes home and lives with you! Here are a couple of pics from the big day.

The diaper cake my MIL made (I helped roll diapers!):


Serious present haul (and everyone playing a game)


As I was busy playing hostess I didn't get many pictures of the mommy-to-be with her guests or of my other shower creativity like the cute basket of favors I put together. Oh well! It was a fun day, and I can't wait to meet my new niece!

2 comments:

  1. Wow 64 outfits in one gift?! That's crazy! Yay for new babies in the family though! Your baby will have lots of cousins to play with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the shower went well and that you could rest easy knowing you had a baby growing too!

    ReplyDelete