Sunday, January 9, 2011

BFF BFPs!

My best friend, A, and I first met in college. We were paired up through the random freshman housing lottery that somehow knew we were soul mates. I remember being so scared to live with a total stranger, but after staying up talking all night our first night, we knew we we had met for a reason! We spent four years of college doing everything together and while we live 3 hours apart now, we're still very close. We've been through so many major life events together and we catch up over the phone whenever we can to talk about life or just something silly.

And now we're going to be pregnant together, too! We had discussed and agonized about TTC over the phone for months, and my hubby and I started trying about 3 months before they did. So I taught her all about charting and OPKs - and it paid off, because it only took two cycles for her to get her BFP! Even though we don't live close to each other, I'm so excited to be going through this journey "together." I love her so much, and I am hoping and praying for happy, healthy pregnancies for both of us, with babies only 3 weeks apart!

And, in honor of our college days and because I've been out of the song lyrics loop in the blog for awhile, I leave you with some classic Bon Jovi:

"We gotta hold on to what we got/It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not/We've got each other and that's a lot for love/We'll give it a shot/Oh, we're halfway there/Oh, livin' on a prayer/Take my hand, and we'll make it I swear/Oh, livin' on a prayer..."

2 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with the classic Bon Jovi! I'm pretty sure that one is played at every college bar every single night! ;)

    How cool though about you guys being pregnant together! I wish for healthy and happy pregnancies for all us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I was wondering about her today! I'm so happy you guys get to go through this together!

    ReplyDelete