Friday, September 10, 2010

The calm after the storm

Somehow, amazingly, today I am calm about the baby thing. Last night we found out my sister-in-law is having a girl. I cried because I want a girl and because she got pregnant without trying. And then I had a great conversation with my husband about how it will happen for us and he offered his suggestions for being able to have more sex (turns out he is tired right before bed when I often initiate and thinks we will do much better at other times of the day - that I can do!). And today I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off me.

I wanted to share a website that I have love love loved for a long time - storypeople.com. They have a collection of one-liners that always strike a chord with me. You can order prints, send them as ecards. Some are funny, some make me cry. Here are some of my favorites that ring true today:

Weight Training
"This is a giant block of whatever is most difficult for you to carry & trust me on this, you'll carry it more times than you can count until you decide that's exactly what you want to do most & then it won't weigh a thing anymore."

Mr. Right
"He loved her for almost everything she was & she decided that was enough to let him stay for a very long time."

And one I can't wait to add to my Bump signature and nursery:

Such Small Things
"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever."

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better today! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete