Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Days of Our Lives (or I guess The Days of MY Life)

Here's a recap of my past 24 hours for your reading enjoyment:

Monday, Monday...
  • Temp drop + cramps = my outlook is not too great for this cycle. I will test on Thursday at 12DPO if I get that far.
  • Shoveled 5 inches of snow OFF my car, and was 25 minutes late to work because the roads were awful.
  • While leaving work I found a $20 bill in the hall near the credit union office (the same CU I used to work for). I decided to be a good Samaritan and go in and ask if anyone had just taken out money and possibly dropped it. The tellers said no...then suggested I could donate it to the charity they support for sick kids at Christmas. Damn it. I really could've used that money... but I suppose 'tis the season and all. And I secretly hoped perhaps it would bring me some good karma... you know, of the baby sort? *blushes*
  • We had been wanting to replace our fireplace doors, and we got lucky when my husband found a brand new set in our garage, still in the box! He decided to try to insulate them with spray foam, which several people questioned due to the heat...but it had held up. Until last night.

    He brought home some skids from where he works to burn in the fireplace, and I threw several pieces on the fire...not realizing how hot they would burn! I'm not sure what the fires of hell look like, but I'm pretty sure this was it. It got so hot the foam started melting and smelling all chemically, and our family room started filling up with smoke. I was pretty sure the house was going to burn down.

    Thankfully after opening the windows and trying to fan the smoke out, the fire burned down enough that I wasn't convinced of our imminent death.
  • Shortly after the fire incident, my husband left to put gas in his car because he was "running on fumes" and the wind chills where we are have been below zero. When he got back, I heard this huge thud and him yelling, "Fuck!" I thought he had dropped something. After a couple of minutes I went to investigate and found the basement door open, and him laying on the basement floor holding his head.

    Me: "Oh my God, are you ok!?"
    Him: "I don't know."
    "Are you bleeding?!"
    "I don't know."
    "Do you know what day it is?"
    "YES, I know what day it is."
    Turns out in his wet, snow covered shoes, he'd fallen at the top of the basment steps and slid all the way down, hitting his head on the steps! Thankfully he was ok, minus a headache and a bump on the back of his head.
Onward and upward to today
  • Woke up to temp and thought it was Saturday. Hmm, was I ever sadly disappointed...
  • Temp went up minimally. Not impressed. Couldn't enter it in FF until I got to work because my Blackberry's wireless wasn't working.
  • Drove to work and was only 10 minutes late today, because people don't know how to drive and there were random quarter-mile stretches covered in ice. Did I mention the wind chill is like 10 below zero?
  • Nearly cried several times on the way to work because of music...and the sight of all the dirty snow on the side of the road. I'm a basket case.
  • On the plus side, my friend B was nice enough to go to our house and let the delivery people in so we could finally get our dining room table! Yay! Granted, the chairs are on back order and the buffet hasn't come in yet, but at least we don't have an empty dining room anymore! (Pics to come.)
So there you go. My week so far, and it's only Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Holy Crap! I hope your husband is ok!! I'm holding out hope for you and will be stalking on Thursday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things start looking up for you and I certainly hope your husband is ok.

    Good luck this cycle. I'll be checking for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a very eventful week! I hope that means you will have something to celebrate this weekend!

    ReplyDelete