Thursday, March 24, 2011

18 Weeks

We're approaching the halfway mark! How is that possible?! I'm starting to look around the house at all the projects that need to be done before the baby comes and freak out a little. Deep breaths... we need to paint our staircase/hallways and I MUST clean out the spare room that is going to be the nursery (more on that coming soon). We also need a new furnace/air conditioning because there currently is no heat in the nursery (just a worthless baseboard heater) and the upstairs is cooled by a window a/c unit. Luckily my hubby works for his uncle's HVAC company - it's just a matter of finding the money and time to get it done. Then there's the yard...ugh. A landscaper I am not, and we need a new fence (again...probably more to come on that later).

Our baby girl still doesn't have a name. We can't agree on anything we love, and my mom keeps telling me we'll come across something but I don't know how there can be any names we haven't seen yet! She also says I'm picky. Well, that much is true.

Here's update for the week (which clearly I only post when I randomly feel like it):

How far along are you?: 18 weeks

How big is baby? She's a sweet potato today.

Weight gain/loss?: +6-ish lbs

Stretch marks?: no, hoping I don't get them (well...does anyone WANT stretch marks?)

Maternity clothes?: My pants are definitely snug, but the maternity pants are still a little big. I've got a couple pairs of work pants that still fit (unbuttoned) and a couple pairs of jeans, but I wish it would get warm so I could wear dresses and skirts!

Sleep?: Some nights I wake up multiple times - last night was probably the best night's sleep I've gotten for awhile. I'm thinking it might be because I tried out my prenatal yoga DVD again. 

Best moment this week?: I am pretty sure I felt some kicks last week and Monday but nothing consistent.

Food cravings?: Salty stuff. 

Gender?: Hopefully she stays a girl after our anatomy scan next Thurs!

Movement?: See above. 

Belly button?: Still there.

Symptoms?: Really can't complain.

What do I miss?: Wine and beer, as always.

Here I am on Monday night at 17w 4d. I think the mat pants accentuate my little bump! (I also came to realize in looking at this picture that my glasses are seriously crooked.)

No comments:

Post a Comment