Sunday, March 6, 2011

We're having a...

Yesterday we had our elective u/s in Columbus (about an hour away from our house) to find out the sex. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning - so anxious! As I was getting ready I thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if we heard on song on the radio that was a sign as to what we're having?" And the second we got in the car Brad Paisley's "Anything Like Me" came on:

"I remember saying I don't care either way
Just as long as he or she is healthy, I'm ok
Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen
And said, 'You see that thing right there - well you know what that means.'

And I started wondering who he was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me."

And I thought - it's a boy! MH even said, "Do you think this is a sign?" I said, "I guess we'll know soon!"

We got to the u/s place and got in right away. The tech started doing all sorts of measurements, looking from different angles, and I wanted to scream, "Just TELL us!" because I couldn't see anything one way or the other. Finally she said, "I'm 100% sure...it's...a girl!" I was so happy! Obviously I would've been happy either way, but I was really hoping for a little girl. MH didn't care one way or the other, so he was happy too.

Here are some pics (I have to confess the 4d ones creep me out a little!):
Mom! Let me out of here!


Here you can kind of see the lack of "parts" proving she's a girl.
(Her arm is at the front of the screen and the umbilical cord is toward the middle.)

She (wow, I have a SHE!) was moving around a lot more this time because they told me to drink something cold before we went in. Her heart rate was in the 150s. And she's measuring ahead again! I'll be interested to see what my final EDD is when we have our anatomy scan on March 31 because so far here are the dates I've gotten:
  • August 27 (from Fertility Friend)
  • August 31 (from my OB, based on LMP)
  • August 25 (after my NT scan)
  • August 22 (after this u/s)
So now there is another country song that fits our lives, by Carrie Underwood:
"Since the day they got married
He'd been praying for a little baby boy
Someone he could take fishing
Throw the football and be his pride and joy
He could already see him holding that trophy
Taking his team to state
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket
All those big dreams changed.

And now he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect all-American girl."

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your little girl! Having a little girl is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww yay!!! I'm hoping for the same results at my u/s in April! :) Congrats on the little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness gracious...now I'm crying! Miller I'm so, so, so happy for you! A little girl! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Now you can start shopping and working on the nursery :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I am so excited for everyone who is finding out. I can't wait to see what you come up with for nursery ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MillerLite is a girl!! I am so excited for you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm just crying now. I probably would have either way--just the knowledge is such an amazing thing. Congrats, MT! SO SO HAPPY for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congrats on yalls little girl:) That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHHHHHH!!! I am so glad everything is good. Congrats on the baby girl! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everytime I hear that Carrie Underwood song I cry! Even before crazy pregnancy hormones it made me cry! Congrats on team pink (it's the best team I think = )

    ReplyDelete